#LekkiMassacre: ‘Military officers ordered soldiers to shoot at protesters’- Sanwo-Olu tells CNN

 

The Governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-olu has admitted that Nigerian Military officers ordered the shooting of unarmed #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate last week Tuesday.

Sanwoolu, during a live interview on CNN, disclosed that according to CCTV footage gotten from the scene of the shooting, officers of the Nigerian Army were responsible for the attack.

POLITICS NIGERIA earlier reported that the Lekki shooting generated a massive outcry from human rights organisations and the international community, with many calling for a thorough investigation into the incident.

READ ALSO:  #Nigeriadecides: Heavy deployment of soldiers, fighter jets, in Kwara, Delta, Adamawa, Rivers, others.

When asked about who ordered the shooting and which security branch carried out the order, Sanwoolu said;

“From the footage that we can see, there are cameras at that facility. It seems to me that there were men in military uniform, should be Nigerian Army.”

The Interviewer pressed further,”So you’re saying that it was Military officers who ordered peaceful protesters to be shot in lekki?”

Sanwoolu replied;

“Yes, they were there. That’s what it shows”.

When asked if anyone will be held accountable, Sanwoolu said; “They certainly would….I mean, we’ll do everything to ensure that they are held accountable”

“I’m not the C-in-C, I’m Governor of the state.”

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2348166333024 or +2347062811394Contact 08166333024 for ad placement, news update and others
Share this: